Name:
Location: Nairobi, Kenya

I am a confident and diligent gal who exploits each opportunity for good.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Poem Galore

Of late Iv been somewhat disenchanted and I remembered that writing poetry helps me feel better.So here's no 3.

3. IS OUR LOVE DEAD?
I often wondered if ,
we could let each other go.
If we could be friends,
and be content.
If we could be near each other,
and not steal a kiss.

Well,it seems we can.
Both of us intent on moving on,
but not yet ready to ..
close the chapters of the past.

Indeed I've noticed,
the stolen glances in my direction,
the red carpet treatment,
reserved only for the one who ...
shares your heart..
..your soul.

But could it be my imagination?
my solitude capturing images..
images that were not even there,
...unspoken words in an attempt,
to capture the divine love we shared.

Could it be that your love is truly dead,
and you think of me only as a friend?
no longer the queen of your heart..
..your confidante,
...your first love.

Could it be that we've both grown
and gone separate ways?
Could it be that we dont trust..
dont trust our hearts?
Could you love me like before?

Remember..you promised me forever.
We had magical moments,
we made beautiful music,
and yes..we made love..
sweet love.

Is all that in the past?
Surely,could all that love disappear?
Is it truly dead?

I guess time will tell.
For now, all I have to do is wait...
wait for destiny to reveal its plan,
for me...for us,
Will our love survive this test of time?
Or is it already gone...dead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home