Name:
Location: Nairobi, Kenya

I am a confident and diligent gal who exploits each opportunity for good.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Intro to me

hey all,
This is an introduction to me....I have the capacity to love alot and this tends to get me into a lot of trouble... a lot of pain.
In the past, I have written a lot on my pain but I didnt share it as I thought it was too personal..a wise gal however told me that my experiences might help someone else.
So here goes...grab the tissues and enjoy the journey to my deepest feelings:-)

1. HEARTBREAK
A perfect love,
A blissful ensemble,
You and me…
Together forever,
That is what I thought..until…
Until it happened.

One bright Sunday morning,
Called me on the phone,
And said you didn’t love me anymore,
That’s when I fell…
Fell into a bottomless abyss

How could this happen?
How could my Romeo become my Julius Caesar?
Where did I go wrong?

I loved you enough to forget my life’s ambitions,
When you held me in your arms,
All else was lost but the feel of your lips on mine,
You the chalice, I the wine.

I can’t bear it…cant stand it
Why did you have to say goodbye?
One thing is for sure…
I loved you then…
I love you now
And forever will.

4 Comments:

Blogger Enia said...

asante dada! Glad u noted the wise gal:-)
Im definitely gonna exploit this talent....

6:08 AM  
Blogger Serene said...

Yvette you are a poet for sure...those Omangi lessons were not in vain. I gotta admit I have never been a great fun of poetry but you changed this. I will be a regular here...watch this space!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Enia said...

Aaaaw Jean..Im touched.

6:31 AM  
Blogger lorah said...

Sweenyo, this is amazing. Wangu's right, you shoud totally keep writing.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home