Name:
Location: Nairobi, Kenya

I am a confident and diligent gal who exploits each opportunity for good.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Letting go

Iv taken a break from the usual poems to write about what I am feeling at the moment. I have always believed that when you love someone,you hold on.You go through life's trials and tribulations together, not forgetting for a single minute what brought you two together in the first place. Then somewhere along life's voyage, I was faced with the dilemma, " should I leave or should I stay?" This personal battle is highlighted in my previous poem and its a battle I continue to face today,five years later.
I have been called a hopeless romantic, an idealist, a 'lost cause'. Personally, I live for the day this world will acknowledge the power of love and consequently that of hatred born out of love. I want to believe that a day will come when each being seeks to improve the life of another, when good triumphs over evil, when I do not have to shelter my heart in a relationship for fear of betrayal.
Idealistic...perhaps but that is me and I am entitled to my beliefs:-)
And as for my previous question...should I leave or should I stay? ....lets just say...Im on my way!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rina said...

Madam, yes ur deep but very simple...nimeguswa roho. Letting go is upto u but u have to be grateful for the chance of loving n feeling that amazing feeling but dont be too hard on urself. Thanks for sharing we definately can learn loads. 'Remember its better to have loved n lost than never to have loved at all'. Cheers Madam.

3:39 AM  
Blogger Enia said...

Hey gal,thanks for the comment.I totally agree...I am very grateful for having felt so close to someone.However,I dont know about being too hard on myself...maybe I require the discipline to go forth...It is definitely better to have loved and lost than not loved at all.
Cheers Munene;-0

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home